Maryland (MD) – 2018
- High school graduation rate: 87.6% (12th highest)
- Public school spending: $13,075 per pupil (19th highest)
- 8th grade NAEP proficiency: 34.7% (math), 37.4% (reading) (11th highest).
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 39.3% (3rd highest)
- Adults 25-64 with incomes at or above national median: 61.6% (2nd highest)
- Violent crime 4.72/1000 residents (national average 4.0/1000) (9th highest)
- Crimes per square mile 57 (national average 31.9)
- Baltimore, MD most dangerous city (out of biggest 50) in America.
- Opioid death rate 29.7/100,000 (3rd highest) – national average 13.3/100,000
Good to see where things are ranked among the worst, Democrats wish to put the least focus and vice versa. Rather telling. Where is the focus on healthcare and climate change? Even more telling.